2

Monday 15 June 2015

It Makes You Think - (For Joyce - A Mini Blog)


The story of Joyce Carol Vincent, is one I've found very disturbing, since I first heard about it a couple of years ago.

She was a young woman, who lay dead, in her London flat for three years.

Her family lost touch with her, and having resigned from her job, she detached herself from her friends.

I'm still really uneasy when I think about it, because I think it says a lot about how (in today's society), people can get lost, whether they intend to or not.

They live a life of isolation, and loneliness.

Loneliness is increasingly becoming a problem, with families spread out, and cuts to services, which enable people, to get out and about.

Eventually, researchers managed to piece Joyce's Iife together, and the film, 'Dreams of a Life' was made.

I gradually managed to put Joyce's story to the back of my mind, until tonight, when somebody mentioned the film to me.

The reason I'm writing this, is to say that if there's someone you haven't spoken to for a while, and you miss them, pick up the phone, or pop in, because for someone like Joyce, it could have made all the difference.

Also, I just wanted to say, to anyone that knows me, if you need somebody, or you're lonely, phone me.

xx















#helenswriting

No comments:

Post a Comment