2

Saturday 11 February 2017

For Sylvia -And Her Bell Jar.






‘I've read 'The Bell Jar' twice. I love it.






It helped me realise I wasn't alone in some of the feelings I felt, (and feel) when the depression hits.






I can get through it though. I always do.






I wish Sylvia (Plath) had believed that, because what she had to say about mental illness - about lots of things - was important.






I wish she had written more novels, because I love her descriptions and insight.






It takes a lot of guts to write with such honesty.






Sylvia had more guts than she thought she did, I think.






To me suicide isn't 'the coward's way out' as many describe it.






It's moments of desperation all strung together, to make you feel like you are in a deep black hole that you can never get out of.






Sense leaves you for a while.






Pain and desperation take over, and you just want it all to stop. That's what happened to Sylvia.






Things do get better though. For me they did.






You just have to find the strength to hang on, and take one day at a time.






RIP Sylvia, and as this anniversary of her death comes and goes, I for one, think her novel is a masterpiece and I'm grateful for it.

























Image: Google.

#helenswriting

(Please excuse formatting issues. Still trying to solve them).

No comments:

Post a Comment