2

Friday 26 September 2014

Sending Britain to War (again) - A Facebook Rant - Shared

As I write this, Parliament has just decided to get Britain involved in the war against I.S. -('Islamic State).'

I realise it is highly complex and difficult situation, which no country, or leader of a country, wants to find themselves in, but for me, (and many others), the idea of Britain getting involved in this, sets off a lot of different thoughts.

I was told by a friend, that I should share this morning's Facebook update with you, exactly as I wrote it, because it 'captures everything'.

Yes, the friend was right, when she (also) said that it captures how 'indignant' I feel about this. 

So here it is:


'Oh yeah, because embarking on another war, is a really sensible idea! There isn't another way?! 

Well, FIND ONE! 

Violence solves nothing, and how can you be claiming to take the 'moral' high ground, when you're BOMBING them?! 

Hello?! 

I know we have to protect ourselves, (to an extent), and help others, (IF we ARE actually helping), but this is NOT the answer!


Will the rich and powerful, who make the decision to 'go to war', end up paying for it? No, I highly doubt it! 

Funny how we can afford a war, but we have over a million people reliant on foodbanks, and we're cutting vital social security, and services for the disabled, ill, poor, and vulnerable...isn't it?!

Also, if you're so keen to go to war, Mr Cameron, maybe you should lead the troops in YOURSELF, or a member of your family, perhaps?!

Let's see how keen you would be, then!

Thank you. I'm done!'



War is war -and if it does go on for 'years, rather than months,' as has been stated, more lives will be lost, of under-equipped, (and overstretched troops), as well as innocent civilians! 

War is not the answer!







#helenswriting

4 comments:

  1. I realise it is highly complex and difficult situation, which no country, or leader of a country, wants to find themselves in, but for me, (and many others), the idea of Britain getting involved in this, sets off a lot of different thoughts.facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realise it is highly complex and difficult situation, which no country, or leader of a country, wants to find themselves in, but for me, (and many others), the idea of Britain getting involved in this, sets off a lot of different thoughts.facebook
    Replyfacebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violence solves nothing, and how can you be claiming to take the 'moral' high ground, when you're BOMBING them?! facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me.
    facebook

    ReplyDelete